Updating Account Information
Staff accounts have basic information like name, phone number, position and email links added automatically to staff directories or staff pages. This information can be edited in the My Account area once logged in.
Staff members can update their password in this area if the account is using Foxbright authentication. If the account is setup using Single Sign On or via Active Directory, the password will be managed internally in the organization.
- In the top-right of the admin panel click the tab with the account name to reveal My Account.
- In the My Account area, there
are fields to update password, name and contact information.
In the Profile tab, a user can update their Profile Photo, activate their profile and
update their profile summary (if activated). See below for more information on the profile summary field.
Profile Pages will only become available once they are published. By
default, staff accounts have permission to edit their profile pages but
not to publish them. Web Administrators can allow staff to self-publish their profiles.
- Click Select New Image to Upload to upload a profile picture that will be added along with contact information to the sidebar of the profile page.
- Click the Save button to close out of the account information area.
Many websites don't have the profile summary field activated, or the field isn't being used for most staff members.
Some websites have the Profile Summary field activated in the user account's profile tab. This rich text field is used for the following:
- Staff Cards (most common) - Staff cards is a type of staff directory that displays profile pictures and profile summary in grid of 'cards'. When used, the details in the profile summary field are included in the staff member's card. The summary should be a brief introduction to the staff member. Additional information about a staff member, or detailed classroom information should be reserved for the staff member's staff page.